The CV is one of the most important parts of the job application process, but most of the time, people don't take CV writing seriously enough. Yes, you hunt for tips and tricks on the internet and look for examples of great CVs, but don't realise that there's no one size fits all when it comes to writing CVs. Your CV needs to be tailored to showcase your qualifications and talents to the fullest extent.

You might think that your CV shows you to the best advantage, but that's not always the case. I realised this pretty early in my job hunt and got my CV appraised. For the three months I had been in the job market, I hadn't landed a single job offer. As my CV was my only contact with the recruiters, I realized that something might be wrong with it. I decided to get a second opinion. I looked online for help and found Total CV and as they offered free appraisals, I decided to get my CV analysed by them.

They found problems quickly

I know what you're thinking. Of course, they found problems. They're in the CV writing business, after all. I thought so too, at first. But I decided to give them a chance. That's probably the best decision I had taken in many years. When I sat down with their experts to discuss their findings, I noticed that all the faults they pointed out actually made sense. There were small things that I had missed but by changing them, my entire CV had transformed into a different entity.

To be honest, it was slightly strange how participating in the debate team or helping out with the local charity in their events mattered more than working as a salesperson in a clothing store for a summer. Their expert only changed small things because, according to her, my CV was good enough for the most part. After the consultation, I sent my CV ahead.

Their expert had recommended that I personalize the CV according to the company I was sending it to. I used all the recommendations and suggestions they gave to great success. I got my first interview soon after I sent out the optimized CV and quickly found a job that I loved.

You can get your CV appraised at Total CV like I did. Just fill in this contact form. You can also call 020 7186 0170. Trust me, it works.

Source : articlesbase.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rewrite Article © 2016.Someright Reserved.
Top