DURING one of my visits back home, I was left alone with Detroit, a city on its knees. I started walking slowly.

Free, with the fury of teenage energy, I began to take pictures in all directions, of black prostitutes and young black boys wearing ragged woolen caps and thin jackets, of old people huddled around a garbage can turned into a street fireplace, of abandoned houses—I felt I was getting inside all of them—the misérables with no refuge, junkies who injected themselves with pleasure and scum in corners,

I photographed all of them insolently, idly, provocatively, as if I were traveling down a blind alley where the invisible man wasn't any of them but me.

On this gloomy overcast day, I saw a man with a burning torch running, screaming, through the halls of an open abandoned house, setting fire to everything that would burn. I listened to the noise of the morning but not its desired silence, I saw children playing among the ruins, I examined the prostrate city, offering itself for examination without modesty. My entire body was oppressed by a disaster of brick and smoke, the urban holocaust, the promise of uninhabitable cities, no man's home in no man's city.

If you want to see the worst that humanity can offer come to Detroit. Miles and miles of run down buildings, a sad depressing look and vibe that permeates everywhere. Crime (your lucky if you are in Detroit on your own free will first of all) and its not some place you want to go to, as soon as you see the city limits you will feel a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach and want to turn around, well I had a chance to explore Detroit on foot.

Wow, miles and miles of nothing but burned down houses and abandon places and thugs, they have the police scared to go into many of the areas seriously.

Well if crack and being a bum is your thing welcome to Heaven. Even the name brings up revulsion most places its spoken of or is the but of sarcasm or jokes. Detroit really no one wants to say they are from there or live there, its low life capitol of not just the USA but the laughing stock of the world.

What is left is nothing but a cess pool of rotten has been industries and crime infested streets.

Stark white to pitch black, blazing red to bright green, however you term it, the difference is seen by driving down Michigan Ave, until it looks like a bomb went off, homeless people abound.

Commuting on roads which often resemble back roads in some third world country...to pool halls, liquor stores, sleazy bars, pawn shops, and second hand businesses, inner city, and winos and derelicts from skid row flowing into the area constantly. DETROIT, THE CESSPIT OF AMERICA!

Source : articlesbase.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rewrite Article © 2016.Someright Reserved.
Top